First: Support Research and Formulation of National Youth Strategies and Policies
1.Develop tools and research (qualitative) supporting decision making process at the programmatic, organizational and national levels
- – Develop and provide support as well as guidance to youth research frameworks for policies and strategies.
- – Design and manage alternative participatory qualitative research and consultation tools.
- – Conduct consultations and qualitative research in youth development and participation domain.
- – Implement participatory consultations as well as manage peer-to-peer research
- – Create and provide supportive spaces and discussions platforms for youth issues and experience exchange among youths themselves and with experts.
- – Position and infuse consultation and research findings within decision making processes.
2.Formulation of Youth Policies and Strategies at the national and organizational levels
- – Support formulation of roadmaps to national policies and organizational strategies through participatory and integrated approaches.
- – Manage and facilitate overall formulation processes including design, activation and management of youth participation mechanisms, facilitation of relevant national functions and management of events and conferences.
- – Develop and suggest position papers to enhance youth development and participation.
Second: Planning and Managing Youth Programmes and Projects
Youth planning, design and management of programmes and projects (National and Organizational levels)
- – Develop conceptual and philosophical frameworks as well as proposals for youth development and participation projects and programmes, life skills, healthy life styles etc.
- – Design culturally sensitive, gender-responsive, human rights-based approach anchored youth projects/programmes.
- – Support youth planning to organizations articulating national and inter-agency frameworks, country programmes and policies.
- – Manage projects and programs through results-based management approach to ensure sustainability and impact.
- – Design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of work.
- – Document developmental practices and lessons learnt as well as learning experiences stemming from youth projects and programmes.
Facilitation of youth development workshops and events
- – Develop and provide support as well as guidance to conceptual frameworks for national and regional youth events including conference, forums and discussion seminars
- – Manage and facilitate national and regional youth events through provision of technical, logistics and capacity building support.
- – Provide enabling and safe environment for discussions through redressing power relations among participating parties and support participants to frame discussions within theoretical frameworks and rights-based approach and relevant strategic directions
- – Manage discussions and dynamics in progressive and constructive fashion; building consensus spirit; reaching mutually agreeable resolutions; and forward-looking steps.
- – Explore outlooks and suggest scenarios for future work.
Enhance youth engagement and participation
- – Design culture/context tailored mechanisms, structures and models for youth participation and empowerment within decision making processes, national policies and programmes.
- – Develop institutional mechanisms to ensure integration of youth inputs and suggestions into planning and implementation of programmes and policies.
- – Empower youth to assume productive roles within their social, economic and policy settings.
- – Enhance an enabling and supportive environment and create prospects to support youth initiatives.
- – Develop mechanisms and incubate youth initiatives through provision of technical, logistics and financial support.
Third:Concept design, learning process and creative ideation
Develop resources, research and educational material
- – Develop literature, resources and training guides related to youth development, participation, life skills, initiatives, healthy lifestyles, youth policies etc.
- – Identify, map and analyze youth issues through articles and reports.
- – Design, develop and package tailored non-traditional learning modules.
- – Build organizational and institutional capacities including design, management and monitoring and evaluation of youth programs, youth development and participation approaches and notions as well as basic life skills and healthy lifestyles.
- – Manage capacity building projects and train youth workers through sandwich training processes combining theory with experience, field study tours etc.
- – Empowerment and build capacities of youth and youth groups through focusing on the social and emotional learning approaches.
- – Design and implement full-fledged Training of Trainers programmes and training accreditation systems and mechanism.
Non-formal learning and creative ideation in youth work
- – Develop non-traditional learning toolsg. Sailing Workshops, Healthy Lifestyle Camps etc.
- – Provide enabling spaces for youth development encouraging self-learning and autonomy to youth and volunteers.
- – Provide space to cultivate, seed new pilots, incubate, challenge and test new and inspiring ideas, youth programs, models and youth-led initiatives.